Hello everyone. We are back from our holiday and as promised here are the tutorials for the 2 box cards plus a giveaway!
I love box cards, I learned to make a Z Fold card and then thought hmmm and decided to make it into a box card. the Open Face Card I came across from Maymay Made It Crafts.
I will post it in 2 parts 1 post for each card.
If you would like to win your own Card Kit to make these cards please,
‘like’, ‘share’ and leave a comment on this blog. This giveaway closes Monday 14th May.
The winner will be drawn randomly and announced Tuesday 15th May
Z box Fold Card Instructions- Metric
For the base:
A piece of card stock 20cm x 14cm scored at 10cm and folded in half
A piece of card stock 20cm x 4cm scored at 10cm and 15cm
2 pieces of patterned paper 3.5cm x 4.5cm and 1 piece 3.5cm x 9.5cm
Nesting dies – I used the 2 smallest dies from Spellbinders LF-246 Grand Nestabilities
Ehco Park Sweet Baby Boy Card Stock Sticker Sheet
Echo Park Double-Sided Paper Pad- Sweet Baby Boy 6″x6″
For the panels:
2 pieces of card stock 7cm x 4cm scored at 1cm and 6cm
- Take the folded piece of cardstock and centre the die.
To create a partial cut, position the cutting plate only over the section of card
you want cut and run through your machine.
- Once the top of the card has been cut to create a shape, score card base at 5cm,
fold and crease making a mountain fold to create a half fold. Crease the 20cm x 4cm
section creating a mountain fold at the 10cm score line and a valley fold at 15cm score line.
- Using the next nesting die down cut pieces to decorate your panels
and glue into place. Then attach the 20cm x 4cm piece to the right hand side only adding glue to the
- Take the 2 pieces of card stock 7cm x 4cm and bend one end of the scored lines
so it bends in the opposite direction of the other end. Add double sided tape to each tab.
- Adhere the first piece by placing the left end tab flush with the bottom of the card and 1.5cm away
from the centre fold of the card. Repeat this again with the second piece leaving a 1.5cm gap between
the two pieces.
- Lay the pieces over each other keeping them flat and the end tabs are bent forward to the left.
Remove the covering to expose the adhesive tape. Add liquid glue to the left hand panel making
sure it is no bigger then 4.8cm wide and 3.8cm high. Holding the pieces down straight, lay the
remaining 20cm x 4cm piece section slowly down onto the tabs and left hand section with liquid
glue, making sure it is flush with the bottom of the card. This then creates the ‘box’ part of the card.
- Prepare the stickers to fill the box by rubbing the powder from a powder tool over the sticky back
part or you can adhere it to paper and fussy cut.
- Decorate the card by adhering elements to card front and inside, and to the panel pieces inside the
box, taking care to keep all the elements within the boundary of the card’s edges when closed.
You can add a piece to the back for writing a message also.